We did it!
It took 5 days, no pre-coordination, we didn’t know each other in advance, we don’t necessarily agree on a lot of things, but we wrote a book together – more than 30,000 words written, edited, redited. On Monday it will be sent to the printer and that’s it. Kind of…Well the book is open ended, the first release will be printed next week but anyone can go and add to the book or edit the current version.
The book (PDF & ePub versions to follow soon) turned out way way way more successful than I expected, but maybe it’s only because I didn’t get enough sleep. We covered a lot of ground, many of our chapters are skeptical others are very hopeful. Some of the collaborations mentioned in the book refer to examples as new as last week (Haiti), some are very personal, some are just hilarious.
7 things this book is not:
- It is not an exhaustive survey of any type or any aspect of collaboration
- It is not consistent in its tone and writing style
- It is not devoid of repetitions or conceptual holes
- It is not really an art book
- It is not really a cultural theory book
- It is not really a technology book
- It is not bad at all